Summer is almost here and it’s a perfect time to dine al fresco! Perhaps you’re looking for a spot to have lunch or dinner outside after your appointment at Back Bay Dental Care? Well, you’re in luck, because in today’s blog we’re going to talk about the best outdoor dining spots around Back Bay.
1. Stephanie’s on Newbury. Describe as “sophisticated comfort food” by the USA Today, Stephanie’s on Newbury is known for their massive salads and Frittered French Toast (served only at Sunday Brunch). The meals are all made from scratch, and their patio area is street-side by the sidewalk. They have about 30 outdoor tables, of which many are shaded, which makes it nice if it’s particularly hot out.
(190 Newbury Street, Boston, MA 02116 Phone 617.236.0990)
2. Poe’s Kitchen at The Rattlesnake. You’ll enjoy great rooftop dining at Poe’s with fantastic views! The rooftop patio can accommodate about 50 people, so it’s quite large by most standards. New to Poe’s Kitchen at the Rattlesnake is their street-level outdoor dining, which is small and intimate. They have a new Express Lunch menu if you’re just stopping by for a quick lunch, which includes creative sandwiches, salads, and sides to choose from.
(384 Boylston Street, Boston, 02116 Phone 617.859.8555)
3. Piattini. This cozy spot is perfect for a date night of sampling authentic Italian flavors, and is extremely popular though there are only about 6 tables outdoors. We’re featuring it because of its great ambience and selection of small plates, which make it a bit of a different experience than traditional dining. They have a fantastic wine list and selection of flights if you’re interested in doing a tasting.
(226 Newbury Street Boston, MA. 02116, Phone 617.536.2020)
4. Met Back Bay. The food seems to get mixed reviews here, but the patio dining is great! Their sidewalk seating has about 20 tables with heat lamps and umbrellas, so no matter what the weather you’re covered. The Steakhouse Kobe Tips and the Met Mac N Four Cheese are recommended dishes to try.
(279 Dartmouth Street, Boston, MA 02116 Phone 617.267.0451)
5. Tico. Tico offers creative variations of Mexican stand-by foods, like tacos an quesadillas. These variations are flavorful and probably unlike any you’ve ever tried (lobster and avocado taco, anyone?) They have a wonderful, large patio with about 20 tables (plus lounge seating) which is secluded from the street.
(222 Berkeley St. Boston, MA 02116 Phone 617 351 0400)
Hope you enjoy eating at one of these great outdoor dining options in the Back Bay area! Let us know what your favorite restaurant is for al fresco dining.